Nachos made with tortilla chips with salsa is among my favourite snacks. Fully-loaded nachos with cheese is another one I love having. Have you tried making your own nachos at home? It is an easy nachos recipe with tortilla chips that even beginner cooks can make easily. It is guilt free if you make it in the airfryer like me or bake it. Imagine how happy you will make your family and friends. And even if you deep fry it, I prefer it to the extra-salty, super expensive nachos that we buy from supermarket.
So here’s how to make homemade tortilla chips for nachos:
📖 Recipe Card
Homemade Tortilla Chips for Nachos Recipe
- 1 cup cornmeal or maize flour makki ka aata
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour maida
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. oil or butter
- seasoning like carrom seeds oregano, chilli flakes (optional)
- Oil for deep frying if frying
- Take cornmeal along with all-purpose flour in a bowl. Add salt and mix well. Now add melted butter or oil to the mix and add so that a grainy mix is formed.
- Add some warm water to form a soft dough. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Roll out Nachos
- Take a large ball of dough and roll it out using a rolling pin. Use some dry flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Use a fork to prick all over. This helps to prevent the tortilla chips from puffing up.
- Now cut the rolled out circle into triangle shapes.
- Preheat your airfryer at 360 F or 180 C for 6 minutes. Put in the nachos triangles and airfry for 8 minutes.
- Your crispy airfried tortilla chips are ready to eat. Have them with guacamole, salsa or any other dip of your choice or serve with melted cheese and a dip.
To Deep Fry
- Take oil in a pan. Heat oil and fry the tortilla chips in oil till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve crispy nachos.
- This is a very simple recipe.
- Do follow the instructions as given.
- You can sprinkle your tortilla chips with chilli flakes, oregano, garlic flakes etc. as per your choice and serve.
Take 1 cup cornmeal or maize flour along with 4 heaped tbsp. all-purpose flour, salt and oil together.
Make a soft dough using water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Roll out into a circle using some dry flour. Using a fork pierce all over and then cut into triangles using a knife.
Pre-heat airfryer to 360 F or 180 deg C for 6 minutes. Now airfry tortilla chips for about 6-8 minutes till crispy and slightly browned. Your airfried tortilla chips for nachos are ready to eat. Serve with melted cheese and fresh salsa or any other dip of your choice. You could also deep fry these nachos in hot oil.
Isn’t this really simple? Your homemade crunchy tortilla chips are ready. You can store them in an air-tight container for a week or two. We normally consume them on the same day.
Hope you liked the recipe.
If you liked the homemade tortilla chips recipe, I request you to give a * star rating either on the recipe or when you comment. Thank you.
Please do share with your friends.
You may also like