Fresh tomato salsa is one of my favourite dips. Made with a few simple ingredients, it is incredibly tasty and super fresh, not to mention so very easy to make. I serve it regularly with my homemade nachos, which are so simple to rustle. Next time try this tomato salsa with these nachos.
Here’s how to make homemade salsa with fresh tomatoes:
Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe (Step-by-step)
- 4 Tomatoes ripe
- 1-2 jalapenos or serano chiles
- 1 red onion chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. cilantro or coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- Use meaty, ripe tomatoes for fresh salsa. Chop it into small pieces along with onion and garlic.
- Chop jalapenos. If you prefer lower heat, take out the seeds before chopping and also use just 1 or ½ jalapenos. I used spicy green chillies as I had run out of fresh jalapenos.
- Chop cilantro.
- Now blend together tomatoes, onion, garlic and chillies so that some chunky bits still remain. You can alternatively just chop them fine and mix well if you like your salsa chunky.
- Add salt and lemon juice to taste. Taste and adjust seasoning and serve immediately.
Isn’t this the best salsa recipe with such an easy method?
Char the tomatoes and peel them.
Cut tomatoes into large pieces. Add garlic, jalapenos, chopped onion and cilantro and blend for very little time till everything is broken into smaller pieces but not till smooth.
Add fresh lemon juice and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning.
This delightful tomato salsa recipe is so much better and lower on salt than the store-bought one. It is ready in under 10 minutes and is a perfect dip for your nachos or to be used in burritos and other wraps.
Do try it out and let me know how you liked this easy salsa recipe.
If you liked this recipe I request you to give a * star rating either on the recipe or when you comment. Thank you.
Please do share with your friends.
You may also like Guacamole recipe