This is a delicious and light zucchini soup with a lovely green color. A favorite way to eat zucchini for the kids.
I love zucchini as a vegetable. It is mild and goes really well in all kinds of vegetable dishes.
Yesterday, I had 2 pounds/ 1 Kg. of fresh zucchini at home. So I decided to make this zucchini soup recipe.
With simple flavours, this zucchini or courgette soup not only look pretty as a picture but it also tastes lovely and hearty.
It is made with just 6 ingredients.
Ingredients for the soup
- Salt and Pepper
- Butter or olive oil (for dairy free)
- Cheese or vegan cheese (optional)
- Cream or coconut milk (optional)
- This soup is vegetarian and has optional vegan substitutes mentioned.
- Toppings: You could top the soup with shredded cheese, bacon bits, flax and sesame seeds for crunch.
- Spicy: Add chilli flakes or minced green chilli/jalapeno for a punchy hit.
1. How can you store this soup?
This soup can be stored in the airtight container for 2-3 days in the fridge. It can also be frozen. Just avoid adding the garnishes and dairy before freezing.
Snip off the ends and leave the skin on. Cut it into half vertically. Cut into half moons horizontally or into batons.
Yes absolutely. Zucchini skin gives a lovely green color to the soup and is totally edible.
Here's the recipe card:
Zucchini (Courgette) Soup Recipe | Cream of Zucchini Soup
- 3 zucchini chopped in large pieces
- 1 onion chopped into quarters
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. butter or olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. black pepper freshly ground
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. cream or coconut milk (optional)
- 1 tbsp. cheese or vegan cheese grated optional
- Heat butter or olive oil in a pan. Tip in onion, garlic and zucchini. Lightly saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock or chicken stock to the veggies and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes till zucchini is soft.
- Cool this a bit and blend to a fine soup in the blender. Put it back on heat. Add salt and pepper along with about 1 tbsp. grated cheese (optional). Taste and adjust seasoning.
- While serving add a nice dollop of cream or coconut cream (optional) to each bowl and serve. When mixed with the soup, the cream adds a nice touch. You tasty zucchini soup is ready to serve.
- Serve this soup warmed up and with a side of toasted bread.
- You can skip the cream and grated cheese if you are watching calories. Do use olive oil for garnishing the soup.
- You can use herbs like basil, oregano etc. to garnish the soup.
- Add the cream or coconut milk while serving.
- This is a tasty, nutritious soup which is very inviting to eat and serve.
- Vegan alternatives have been shared in the recipe.
If you liked the recipe, please leave a star * rating for it. Thanks.
This tasty zucchini soup recipe is quite light and creamy if you use the cheese and cream.
Even otherwise because it has a lot of zucchini, you are going to find it very smooth and tasty.
This soup is perfectly spiced and is wonderful even for little kids.
Bursting with the goodness of fresh veggies and really low in Calories (even after adding cream and grated cheese), you can have a bowl guiltfree before dinner or as an evening snack.
Do try this soup recipe and let me know how you liked it.