This is an easy vegan avocado and chocolate pudding. It is a light and creamy dessert that is super healthy. So easy to make too.
I am back with an avocado recipe where you will be hard pressed to tell the presence of avocado.
Yes, this light dessert is child's play to make and is delightfully light and creamy, not to mention completely healthy.
Don't get deceived by its looks. 🙂
I made it today for the kids and they liked it.
📖 Recipe Card
Avocado, Chocolate and Banana Pudding
- 1 avocado large
- 3 bananas ripe
- 4 tbsp. Maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp. vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- chocolate chips for garnishing
- Take a large ripe avocado. Mine was about 600 gms. in weight. Cut it in pieces.
- Blend together ripe avocados and bananas along with cocoa powder till smooth. Takes about 30 seconds.
- Add maple syrup or honey with vanilla essence and blend some more.
- You will have a smooth, creamy, glossy pudding.
- Chill in the fridge and serve garnished with choco chips or chocolate shavings.
- Only use really ripe avocado. Slightly underripe ones will not make this creamy.
- This is the perfect recipe for overripe bananas.
- Adjust the sweetness of the recipe as per taste.
- I use Hershey's cocoa powder.
- You can use some chopped nuts if you like.
- While it looks chocolaty, it has more of a vanilla and banana flavour with hint of cocoa.
- You could use orange as well if you like.
- In place of avocado you could use other fruits but then your pudding will not be as creamy.
Do make it and let me know how it turned out. Another way to have avocados even for those who don't like it too much.
If you liked the recipe, please share with your friends.
If you are an avocado lover, try these other avocado recipes.