Pumpkin Pasta Recipe
This healthy pumpkin pasta recipe has a creamy pumpkin sauce. I have given vegan alternatives. It is ready in 30 minutes and a perfect fall recipe.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. spaghetti or 450 gms.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk or plant-based milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1 tsp. sugar optional
- Finely grated parmesan for garnishing
- Basil or parsley for garnishing
Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add finely diced onion and garlic. Cook lightly for about 2 minutes.
Add the tomato puree cooked like this or canned and cook for about 5 minutes on low heat.
Cook on low flame and your sauce will start thickening.
Meanwhile cook spaghetti as per pack instructions. Takes about 12-13 minutes. Drain and keep. Keep some drained water in case later needed.
Add milk to your cooking sauce along with oregano, chilli flakes, pumpkin spice and salt. Here’s how to make your own pumpkin spice.
Add sugar in case it tastes too sour. Taste and adjust seasoning. It should taste creamy.
In case the sauce gets too thick add some reserved drained water from pasta. Your sauce must be thick.
Add in the cooked spaghetti and mix well.
Serve hot garnished with grated parmesan and generously sprinkled fresh grated pepper and basil or parsley.
1. Pumpkin puree gives the sauce a very creamy and rich taste. I have shared the recipe to make pumpkin puree at home in Air fryer or after boiling.
2. Pumpkin spice really adds the Fall touch to this pasta. Try my recipe. You could use only ¾ tsp. cinnamon and ¼ tsp. nutmeg instead.
3. You can add in 1 tbsp. butter and 2 tbsp. cream in case you like your pasta to be creamier. I like to strike a balance between health and taste.
4. Black pepper really tastes good on this pasta.
5. You can make it vegan by using vegan cheese and plant-based milk in the recipe.
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 364mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 6779IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 3mg