Air fryer Crispy Tofu Recipe
This is a delicious Air fryer tofu recipe marinated in teriyaki sauce. It is vegan and delicious. Try this crispy tofu air fryer recipe.
- 8 oz. firm tofu or 200 gm.
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. miso optional
- 1 tsp. ginger grated
- 1 tsp. pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp. honey vegan alternative agave nectar or maple syrup
- Salt if needed
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. sesame oil for brushing or frying
Firmly press the tofu to release all the water. You can use a tofu press, I just use my hands. Cut into cubes.
Take all the marinade ingredients and mix together to form a thick sauce.
Marinate the tofu in the prepared teriyaki sauce for about 30 minutes.
Preheat Air fryer to 390 F or 200 C for 6 minutes.
Brush the air fryer basket and assemble the marinated tofu cubes on the basket. Fry for about 4 minutes.
Now brush with some oil, turn the tofu pieces and air fry for about 4 minutes till tofu become crispy.
Take it out and you can pour the leftover sauce on top. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve hot.
Or you can just serve the crispy air fried tofu as it is. This time I served it crispy. Sometimes I like it with leftover sauce.
- It is important to press the tofu well to release all its water. This helps it to better soak in the flavours of the marinade as well as get crispy.
- This recipe is mildly spicy. You can adjust spices as per your liking.
- You can use parchment paper or foil to place you tofu pieces. This is to prevent any dripping.
- I love to serve with homemade vegetable noodles. You can also serve as an appetizer.
- You can also pan fry the marinated tofu in oil or grill or bake it in the oven.
- Do refer to the step-by-step pics below the recipe card to help you understand the recipe better.
- Since soy sauce already has salt, do taste the marinade before adding any more.
- You can use any vegetable oil in case you don't have sesame oil.
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 462mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 1mg