1. Choose fresh parsnips. Their flavour really shines through.
2. Wash them well. I prefer to peel them and cut them into fries or you can cut into thicker pieces.
3. A bit of honey or maple syrup really makes them deliciously sweet. But you can skip it if you prefer to avoid any sugar.
4. Brushing with olive oil helps them get a nice slight crunch to them.
5. Do not add the spices and keep parsnips for long before air frying. Because they will release a lot of water and will get limp when air frying. Add the seasonings with oil and honey/maple syrup just before putting them in the air fryer.
6. Do not overcook. They are done when the edges are slightly brown. Have them hot off the air fryer.
7. Just salt and pepper work well. But feel free to try different spices or rubs as per taste.