1. You can use pretty much anything for the stuffing. I have shared variations for stuffing above the stepwise pictures.
2. I have used store-bought frozen spring roll wrapper squares for this recipe that I thawed before using. You can make your own by making a stiff dough of all purpose flour, salt and warm water and roll it out into thin sheets.
3. You can use any sauces you like. I have used a combination of soy sauce, oyster sauce (for the umami flavour, use vegan sauce for vegetarians) and chilli garlic sauce. Use as per your taste. Only soy sauce and chilli sauce also work well.
4. It is very important that you sweat out the veggies well. If there is moisture in the stuffing then your spring rolls will end up being soggy instead of crispy.
5. Be careful with any added salt as soy sauce and other sauces used have their own salt content.
6. Feel free to use any veggies in your fridge. Finely chopped peppers are good too.
7. You can easily add crumbled tofu, cottage cheese or cooked shredded meat of choice.
8. You can also deep fry or shallow fry the spring rolls thus prepared.
9. You can prepare the spring rolls and refrigerate for upto 2 days. Take them out and air fry. If you are using frozen and thawed spring roll wrapper sheets then you can't refreeze them.