1. Spray with oil and add a bit of salt before serving if your tots are unseasoned. Mine did not need additions spray of oil.
2. To make tater tots from scratch take 1 lb. boiled potatoes. Add 1 tsp. each pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and ½ tsp. cayenne or paprika (optional) with salt. Mix well. Form nugget shape and air fry after coating with oil. You can also freeze these to make later.
3. Keep an eye on your tots when air frying and shake the basket once every 3 minutes for even cooking. Mine normally take about 10 minutes at 390 F after preheating.
4. These are naturally vegan and vegetarian. They make for a delicious snack or side.
5. Have them hot straight after air frying.
6. You do not need to thaw the tots before cooking them.