1. Keep the air fryer on till you hear the popping sound. Then turn off the fryer before you pull the basket out. This ensures that the popped corn is not flying around when you open the basket.
2. I found a couple of popcorn had flown up and got stuck to the fryer coil. They were not really burnt so I was fine with that.
3. If you use a foil to make a packet for your corn, then your popcorn will take much longer, about 15-18 minutes. I don’t need foil because my air fryer basket mesh does not allow the corn kernels to fall through and allows easy circulation of heat for faster popping.
4. If you are left with unpopped kernels you can air fry them again later. But even then I find that only half of the unpopped ones popped. The rest I threw away.This is pretty much on the lines of what happens when I make popcorn in my pressure cooker.
5. You do not need oil for the corn to pop. I just brush a little oil for the seasoning to stick after popping corn and also for brushing the air fryer basket. Otherwise, this recipe is oil free.
6. The popcorn is fresh and healthy. I can make 2 decent serves of popcorn at one go.
7. You can use any seasoning of choice. I love salt and pepper, peri peri seasoning, salt, cayenne and lime, garlic salt and cayenne.
8. Do also watch the video for more clarity.
9. Don’t use too many unpopped corn in the fryer or they will fly and get burnt. Give them enough room to pop without flying to the air fryer heater coil.
10. The timing may vary depending upon your air fryer and the quality of your unpopped corn.