1. Use chickpeas that are well cooked but not mushy. You can use canned ones too. Though I prefer to soak dried ones overnight and then boil them.
2. Use tender cucumber, red onion for a bit of punch and creamy avocado for taste and balance.
3. I have used a dressing of extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice along with crushed garlic and pepper. You could use apple cider or balsamic vinegar in place of lemon juice.
4. Garnish with chopped basil or cilantro.
5. You can mix the salad with the dressing and keep to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours. Just don’t add salt to the salad till you are ready to eat it. This is so that the veggies don’t sit in a lot of water.
6. You can add other seasonings like chilli flakes, Italian seasoning etc. as per taste.
7. This salad should be eaten fresh for best flavour but can be refrigerated for up to a day and consumed.
8. I like the feta to be crumbled. It adds a nice creamy, salty touch to the salad.