1. Make your own chicken mince or choose store bought.
2. My ingredients are Italian style that include Italian seasoning. For chicken kofta, use garam masala instead along with red chilli powder. You may also use 2 tsp. Ginger garlic paste in place of only garlic for an Indian touch.
3. You can also use one finely chopped onion for your kofta.
4. In this recipe I used chicken breasts for making the mince. You can also use the darker leg meat.
You can vary the herbs and spices used as per your liking. Parsley, fresh basil or fresh cilantro work well.
5. Preheat the air fryer before air frying meatballs. That way the meatballs cook better.
6. Use a meat thermometer and check the internal temperature. Once it reaches 165F, your chicken meatballs are done. Don’t overcook or they will get dry.
7. You may use Panko in place of regular meatballs. For keto, use almond meal in place of breadcrumbs in the recipe.
You may use ground beef or pork too in place of chicken.