1. Wash okra, dry it completely. It is very important that your okra be dry well. Else it will turn slimy instead of crunchy when air frying.
2. Preheat Air fryer while you add the spices with oil to the okra.
3. This is done so that we don’t leave okra sitting around in spices releasing water.
4. After preheating time, spread okra in air fryer basket, making sure that you put them in one layer without overlapping.
5. Air fry till the okra is cooked and crispy. Take out and serve hot.
6. You can store the air fried okra in air tight container for 2-3 days. Air fry or microwave to heat up when serving.
7. Using lemon juice or amchur powder (dry mango powder) helps in keeping sliminess at bay.
8. I love using cayenne and pepper both as I love spice. But use whatever you are comfortable with.
This recipe will not work without oil.
9. You can also air fry one sliced onion along with okra for a delicious vegetable side. You will get crispy fried onion along with okra.