1. Use fresh green cucumber and radish. You can use smaller tender English cucumber. You can leave the peels on in these.
I sometimes use the larger cucumbers where I take off the peels. I do not take seeds out if they are tender.
2. Use red onion: I like the zing from red onion and use only half of it in this salad.
You can skip it if you don’t like or use white onion instead.
3. Marinate: I serve the salad right away as I prefer the veggies to be crisp.
But you can leave the salad for about 10-15 minutes after adding the dressings for a more intense flavour.
That way the salad gets more flavourful.
4. Spices and herbs: Just salt and pepper tastes good here. I love to use minced garlic in my salads. You can also use chilli flakes for some heat. Italian seasoning works well too. Fresh herbs like dill, cilantro or mint work well too.
5. Cut all veggies to similar sizes. Assemble the dressing. Mix well and serve.