1. I slice each boneless chicken breast into 3 horizontal steaks. Then I pound them using a mallet or my mortar (from mortar and pestle) to a nice thinness. This is very important.
2. Use nice breadcrumbs. Panko work well. Italian breadcrumbs are already seasoned so they work well. But I mostly prepare my own breadcrumbs and season them, so you can work with whatever works for you.
3. Use beaten whole eggs for the breading. I don’t season the eggs.
4. Preheat air fryer: This way the chicken gets into a hot air fryer and the breading adheres better.
5. I use just a tiny bit of oil for brushing the air fryer basket and you can spray some on the chicken though it is not really needed. But it does make the chicken look more golden.
6. There is no need to flip the chicken cutlets during cooking time. I feel that they cook evenly even otherwise.
7. Enjoy with a dip of choice. Sriracha mayo works so well. You can also pair with a salad or even pasta or fried rice.