1. Use basmati rice for making your pulao. It is fragrant and delicious.
2. Soaking basmati rice before cooking makes it fluffy with separate grains. Although, I have cooked basmati rice without pre-soaking when in rush and it still comes out quite good.
3. Use whole spices for their rich, fragrant taste.
4. Saute the onions well till they are rich golden brown as they leave a nice sweet caramelised flavour in the pulao.
5. Use vegetables that have been evenly cut and cook in the way mentioned so that they don’t get overcooked.
6. Use any vegetables of choice. I generally just peek in the fridge and use what’s available.