1. Heating half cup water before adding milk and rice for cooking helps in preventing the water or rice from sticking to the bottom and burning.
2. Do not use too much milk at one go as there is a risk that the milk will start coming out.
3. Basmati rice cooks the best after soaking as each strand gets bigger and stays separated and fluffy.
4. Using whole milk makes the kheer creamier and tastier.
5. Use of saffron strands lends a beautiful colour and fragrance to the pudding.
6. This recipe is tested in Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt. model.n 7. Sugar is traditionally used as a sweetener. But jaggery, brown sugar and erythritol are perfectly acceptable sweeteners in the recipe. 8. Saffron can be soaked in 2 tsp. warm water and then added to kheer for a more vibrant orange color.