1. This recipe is already vegetarian and vegan.
2. You can make them with only wholewheat flour as well.
3. You can use ghee in place of oil if you prefer that taste.
4. You can use chilli flakes, garam masala or any other herbs of choice.
5. Using turmeric powder gives the mathris a nice golden yellow colour especially when air frying.
6. You can store these for 2-3 weeks in an air tight jar. If you feel they lose their crispness, then you can air fry at 160C or 320F for 3 minutes or microwave them before serving.
7. It is important that your dough is a bit stiff and not too soft or your mathris will not turn out suitably flaky and crisp.