1. This recipe is very versatile. You can make keto variation by using powdered erythritol in place of sugar in the recipe.
2. I sometimes use 1 mashed banana in the recipe in place of sugar. You can add 1-2 tbsp. of sugar along with banana if the banana is not sweet enough to your liking.
3. For a vegan version, use chia egg in place of regular egg. To make chia egg mix 1 tbsp. chia seeds with 2.5 tbsp. water. Keep aside for 5 minutes to thicken slightly. Then use.
4. Do not air fry for too long. Just 4-5 minutes are enough. Your cookies will look golden brown and slightly underdone. You can poke a toothpick in the center of the cookie and it should come out clean. That shows that they are done.
5. They will also be soft. Let them cool for about 10 minutes and allow them to harden before handling them.
6. You can use add ons like chocolate chips or chopped nuts. Place the chocolate chips on top and not in the cookie dough before airfrying.
7. You can also add 1 tsp. of vanilla or almond extract to the cookie dough if you like.
8. These can be stored in an airtight container and kept at room temperature for about 2 days. They taste best fresh.
9. You can freeze the cookies for up to 3 months.
10. Do watch the video for a better understanding.