1. You can use other oils like mustard oil, peanut oil or coconut oil in the recipe.
2. Make sure that the basket is not overcrowded. Shake the fries midway during cooking to ensure even cooking.
3. Ensure that you cut eggplant pieces into similar sizes.
4. Try different variation of spices or herbs as per your liking. Just salt and pepper tastes good too. Or you can try lemon chilli for heat.
5. You can use any dips of choice like hot mayo, tomato ketchup, sriracha sauce or even green chutney.
6. To make Indian air fryer eggplant, use mustard oil and the same spices for the rub. You can also add curry powder or garam masala and also some chaat masala to the rub for an authentic taste.