1. Do not use canned chickpeas for this recipe. Always use dry chickpeas that have been soaked overnight and drained. Canned chickpeas are mushy with too much water in them.
2. When blending the chickpeas, do it in batches to ensure that all the chickpeas are broken down. You want a nice mash but not a paste. We are not making hummus here.
3. If you can’t find parsley, you can use only cilantro leaves as I do many times.
4. Fresh cumin and coriander powders add a lovely earthiness and citrusy flavour here.
5. You can skip pepper and green chillies if you like. I add them for a bit of heat.
6. You can use olive oil or vegetable oil in the recipe.
7. Make sure that you make even-sized balls of the mix.
8. If your mix feels wet, you can add a bit more chickpea flour to make it drier.
9. Sometimes refrigerating the mix for an hour in the fridge helps in making the balls easier.
10. Check out the video to understand the recipe better.