1. Your dough must be stiff but not so stiff that you are not able to roll it out. Don’t use any flour to roll out dough. It’s okay if when rolling out your shape is not perfect. The taste will be good.
2. You must rest the dough as mentioned so that the samosa shell turns out flaky.
3. You can add other veggies too or add chicken or mutton mince if you like to make non-veg samosa.
4. You must keep the filling very dry to avoid the samosas going soggy after you fry them and keep.
5. Once filled and sealed, you can keep the samosas in the fridge to fry later.
6. Your pastry will turn out flaky when you incorporate your shortening eg. Ghee or oil in your dough. Don’t skimp on this or your samosa will not be flaky but hard and dry.